Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Final Frustrations and UnFriend Day!

What is art?

Problem Solving is my first answer.
But there is this little problem that needs more solving then say an assignment or any other artistical wall.

Artist block,
They say you just work through it and you become stronger and never get held up again.

What if you have an assignment due and so you start working ahead of time to get it done.
Example,
I sketch, and sketch, and think and think, and take a step back, nothing.
So, fresh paper, new inspirational setting.  Sketch, sketch, step back, sketch sketch.
Nothing.
I got home, it is time to sleep.
The assignment is due tomorrow.  So I give them what I got,
Critic, is of course the pit of despair with mosquitos everywhere.
The words that no one is saying are the most painful.  Which I found funny.

I wanted to be the one to bash my piece, because I think it is ok for me to do that.
But not them, that's the immature part of me speaking.

So I take responsibility for my creative "Wall" and don't blame it on my printer, or my dog.
I didn't even blame it on my cold room or that I couldn't keep sketching in the best place ever because the sun goes down at like 5:30 these days.

No I took the blame, and this is my blog on why I sided with my co-workers and we have now named today Unfriend Day.  Smashing Facebook and anything else we want on the way.

:D  This was fun, now I will return to sketching, sketching. and sketching.

No comments:

Post a Comment