Saturday, November 27, 2010

Holidays and Homework

Holidays,
For all I am sure should be a break.
So because we all want a break so badly,
Someone says, well great, we can just assign a little homework and then
it will be like a break, because Heaven forbid we do nothing but eat on Thanks Giving.

But I think we forget that life has meaning to a good portion of the population and that
a Holiday isn't a break from life but actually a chance to do something different then work and school.

So I planned to do all my homework.  But a storm hit, my family got sick, I ran around helping
everyone I could, food got cooked, cleaning got done, and I took time to catch up with friends who really
needed someone to talk to.

Results, to bed every night around 2 or 3 am, up every morning around 6:30 to 7:30 pm.
Unhappy people, with near death driving experiences just to met up and eat a turkey, and of course
my homework isn't done.  How much later would I have to stay up.  I could of just left everyone to their misery and left the house dirty and been really rude like that.  But I didn't, and now I am down with the flu and one more day before I return to the most brutal two weeks left of school.

It's ok, life isn't fair and I know this, so I will be ok, this isn't complaining, this is simply me wondering
how do we as the people of this part of the world figure that a holiday is a time to get really burdened by
our education and then burden others with it too.   I don't know but I think being swiss and taking a holiday  would be more worth my time.  I mean two months on Holiday would absolutely rock!

. . . ok back to real homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment